You're reading - How To Scented Mug Mats - DIY Archives
DIY - Scented Crafts
DIY - Scented - Craft Projects - Archives -
How to sew a scented mug mat with citrus and spice mix recipe.
title: HOW TO make Scented Mug Mats
Here are some instructions for Scented Mug Mats. Diana*
What You'll Need (for each mat):
Sewing Machine or needle & thread,
Iron & ironing board,
6" cinnamon stick, Cellophane bag.
Project Materials: One 5" by 5" square of closely woven fabric,
one 5" by 5" square of quilted cotton fabric, spice mix to fill.
Takes about 1 hour.
1) Place one piece of fabric on top of the other, wrong sides facing
2) Stitch three of the edges together, locating the seam about
1/4" from the edges.
3) Turn the mat right side out & fold the
open edges down & in. Press the seams with an iron.
4) Fill the mat with the spice mix that's been chopped into finer pieces.
The mat should not be about 1/2".
5) Close the mat by top-stitching along its open edge.
6) To package the mats for sale, tie four of them together with matching
or contrasting ribbon. Tuck a 6" cinnamon stick under the ribbon & enclose
the mats in a cellophane bag tied with a ribbon bow to match the ribbon