These are so simple to make it is unreal!
First though - your glass bottle must be sterilized.
Some of my early
ones went moldy as I didnt think to do this.
Sterilize your bottles in the dishwasher
- can even use old perfume
and use Acid Etch Creme to remove the perfume name and give glass a cloudy look.
Can play around and
evenmake twirls etc Anyhow add your dried flowers
- you can add small silk but they will usually loose their
color and fade in the oil.
When you are happy with the flowers in the bottle gradually add oil to almost fill
about 1/2 in to 3/4 in head gap
I dip the cork in potassium metabysulphite and water solution and then tap into
the opening (this is solution used for cleaning wine bottles and sterilizes)
Then I dip the corked bottle in some hot liquid wax
- make a small wax ball and flatten this and wrap over the bottle head
- press as tight as possible and
redip the bottle.
A lovely full raised seal.
Tie the glass wick holder with the wick in it to the neck of the
.....Very Important ---
most lamp oils smoke it is very important to get an oil designed
for oil candles and
this will say right on the container
- it is odorless, smokeless and much safer
- a cheaper oil has been known to
explode the candle.
I have experimented - to my distress
- the one that I have been the most pleased with and
found to be the best oil is ULTRAPURE