(for 3 roses)
1 (3.2 ounce) package Nature's Favorite Apple Chips, Original.
3 narrow rubber bands.
3 to 5 (18" long) pieces covered heavy-gauge stem wire.
Green floral tape
Baking sheet with rim.
Spray bottle with water.
1) Preheat the oven to 150F. Spread the contents of the package of
apples over the baking sheet. Lightly spray the apples over the baking
sheet. Lightly spray the apple slices water. Bake the slice for 3 to 4
minutes. Turn over the slices, spray them with water & bake for 2 to 3
2) Working quickly to shape the flowers while the apple slices are still
warm, tightly roll up the first slice to make the flower center.
3) Add more slices, working concentrically & wrapping each successive
layer more loosely around the center bud. Use about 7 to 12 slices to
make each rose. Hold the slices tightly together at the bottom while
shaping the flower, the slices will curl slightly as they cool.
4) Wrap a rubber band tightly around the base of the flower to secure
the petals. Place each flower head upside down in a cup of the muffin
tin and let the flower cool completely.
5) Using the pliers, cut one stem wire 16" long. Hold the wire with the
pliers about 2" from one end. Gently twist the wire up throught the
center of the flower head. Bend the end of the wire that is poking
through the flower head inot a 1/2" hook. Pull the hook down into the
flower until the hook catches in the flowwer head.(Some flower heads may
be heavy enough to need the support of a second stem wire.)
6) Wrap the floral tape tightly over the rubbber band to secure the
flower head, as shown. Continue to wrap the tape down the length of the
Diana M USA
<-- back to craftpals.com || other home crafts || quick and easy craft tutorials