Opening a craft business in PA (USA)

Posted By: RK
Date: 2003/4/10 3:24 p.m

I am going to do a search, but was just wondering if there was anyone who knew about what you have to do in PA when starting a craft business. any hints or help??? gotta start someplace right? Ok, thanks!

Anyone know PA laws or regulations for
Posted By: Theresa E
Date: 2003/4/10 3:24 p.m.
In Response To: (rk)

I don't know about PA, but here in Michigan the first thing we did was to go to the County Courthouse and registered our Business Name (for a fee of course!). Am not sure how we got our sales tax liscence, my husband did that, but they may be able to tell you at the Court House. Good Luck! Theresa E

the state's page is down,
Posted By: karen, kallen, k...
Date: 2003/4/10 3:24 p.m.
In Response To: (rk)

but you will need a sales tax license. Most of the states I've reviewed for sales and use tax now have headings for crafts. I have a hard copy in the files, will dig it out for you later...

Re: In Oklahoma you get a tax certificate
Posted By: Sharon G (Oklahoma)
Date: 2003/4/10 3:24 p.m.
In Response To: (rk)

from the Oklahoma Tax Commissions Office, they will file all the paperwork, you just have to pay their fee. We didn't do anything on our name since we bought the name w/the shop but my friend just got one and she just told them the name she wanted.

Their computer is current w/the names already using a certificate # so all she did was pay her fee, show ID, proof of what she did and that was it....hope that helps some.

I think most states require a tax certificate so you can pay them your taxes when you sell your product. I know hers is different than mine because she isn't selling out of a storefront but at craft shows etc and has to file by the county that she sells in. Good luck

back to   craft business tips and how to's